Counseling Psychologist in Delhi: In order to address psychological illnesses and lessen mental distress, both psychotherapy and counseling are psychological treatments or interventions. Additionally, they seek to promote general mental health and well-being.
The majority of us are quite concerned about our mental health due to the increased responsibilities and obstacles we face. We are aware that each period of life presents its own set of difficulties, so we offer our services to individuals in need in all age groups—from young children to the elderly.
Being one of the leading providers of psychological services in South Delhi, we have the training and experience to offer evidence-based interventions like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness-based Therapy, Interpersonal and Social Rhythm Therapy, Supportive Psychotherapy, Dialectic Behavior Therapy, and various types of family and couple therapies, to name a few among many. At Tending Minds, we make sure that the services we provide are the most appropriate for the client’s needs.
What is the role of the Counseling Psychologist in Delhi?
Psychologists look after people’s mental health. They consult with and advise clients on how to enhance their quality of life while also assisting them in understanding their emotions and behavioral patterns.
So, a psychologist starts by examining the patient’s actions and mentality. He creates psychological therapy and rehabilitation regimens for the patient after conducting a thorough assessment. Mixing all of these benefits the patient’s life and mental health.
When Should You See a Psychologist?
Psychologists work to enhance your life, mental health, and behavioral habits! Hence, any problem with these three suggests consulting a psychologist.
See the top psychologists in South Delhi if you are dealing with any of the conditions listed below!
- You’ve been under a lot of stress and are having trouble coping.
- You are struggling to process the loss of a loved one since you were so stunned.
- It has been difficult for you to simply get through each day.
- Over several days, you lack the energy to get out of bed and do your tasks.
- You’re having trouble falling asleep, or you’ve been asleep all day.
- Your negative thoughts are impossible to overcome.
- Something you used to like doing no longer brings you delight.
- a decline in interest.
- Fear of making new friends or avoiding conversation with others.
- You are frequently depressed, enraged, agitated, or perplexed.
- Nothing seems to satisfy or make you happy.
- You have been hurting yourself.
- Your relationships are having problems and problems for you.
- You’re feeling incredibly anxious.
- You are unable to stop drinking or engaging in unhealthy behaviors.
- You’re having strange phobias and dreams.
There could be more issues that were affecting your life, mental health, and behavior. See a psychologist in each of these situations, then start living again!
What is psychological counseling/psychotherapy?
Counseling and psychotherapy can be done in a variety of ways. All of them are interested in reducing the suffering brought on by emotional problems, relationship/family issues, occupational issues, etc. They are comparable in that they all entail speaking with a therapist. The kind of problem a person presents with will frequently determine the style of therapy that person receives. Normally, a therapist will conduct an initial evaluation and select the most effective strategy.
Counseling, in his perspective, is a crucial component of mental health interventions. Patients of all ages—preschoolers through teens, young and elderly, married and single—have had the chance to resolve their issues.
Today, stress is a constant in our day-to-day lives. In reality, we experience stress everywhere—during our commutes, at home, at work, etc. Family expectations, peer pressure, workplace conflict, transportation congestion, societal pressure, marital responsibilities, and a host of other factors can all contribute to stress. A person’s life will be hampered if they are unable to manage their stress efficiently since these conditions include depression, emotional tension and conflict, anxiety, mental trauma, and others. The best course of action is to seek counseling when things get out of hand. Psychotherapy aids in properly addressing and resolving these traumatic issues, enabling the patient to live in peace.
What types of problems can be helped with counseling/psychotherapy?
Since care is at the heart of counseling, the clinic provides a professional and private space where patients may talk about the challenges and issues they confront on a daily basis, explore and better understand them, and find a lasting solutions.
Counseling and/or psychotherapy can help with the majority of issues. The following is a list of some typical issues for which a person, a couple, or a family might look for professional assistance:
- Relationship Problems.
- Pre-Marriage Counseling.
- Marriage Counseling.
- Family Tensions and Problems.
- Stress at Work.
- Behavioral Issues.
- Temper Tantrums.
The psychotherapy program used at the clinic enables individuals to rectify their flawed cognitive processes and effectively address a variety of concerns. The clinic offers the following counseling services:
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal Therapy (ITP)
- Anger Management
We give people a glimpse into their personalities and provide them constructive advice on how to build on their strengths and accept and deal with their weaknesses. The patient’s personality and thought patterns undergo a number of modifications, making them better able to cope with life’s daily stresses.
It is not always simple to deal with life alone because it can be quite difficult. A psychologist will assist you if life is severely hurting your behavior and quality of life.
So it’s crucial to make sure you’re working with the greatest psychologist possible. Hence, make sure to always look into his credentials and read up on him. If it’s your first time meeting with a psychologist, keep in mind to be open and honest in all of your responses.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is depression?
People frequently mistakenly believe they are depressed when they are simply sad, however, depression is a medical disorder where the symptoms last for two weeks or longer rather than just being sad.
What are the signs where Depression Counselling is indicated?
A few of the signs of an individual who requires Depression Counselling are:
- Lack of interest in things an individual was interested in.
- Crying or tearful for no reason
- Feeling restless or irritated
- A feeling of being worthless
- Confused or hard to concentrate or recall things
- Headaches, back pains, digestive disorders, etc.
- Broken sleep or desire to sleep all-day
- Suicidal thoughts
What causes depression?
- Hormones regulate the human body, and these hormones impact a person’s mood. Lack of hormone synthesis or a body’s inability to respond to the hormone can both contribute to depression.
- Depression may run in families.
- Depression can also result from things like alcoholism and drug abuse.
- Depression may be brought on by extended illness, hospital stays retirement or the loss of a loved one.
How much does Depression Counselling cost?
Depression The following factors affect how much counseling costs:
- Patient’s age and the specialist’s training
- Sessions will be held in a number
Yet, each session of depression counseling typically costs between Rs. 500 and Rs. 5,000.
What are the stages of Depression Counselling?
Depression’s stages These are some counseling services:
- Relationship and therapeutic partnership: the agreement between the client and the counselor.
- Assessment: Gathering client information and analyzing it to improve counseling sessions.
- Identification of the strengths: During counseling, a person’s strengths are understood.
- Interventions are a procedure in which a person’s family or friends get together to support a person who has experienced trauma or who is struggling with addiction.
- Resiliency and Termination: This is the final stage, and by this time, the person ought to be feeling much better.
Who are the specialists to conduct Depression Counselling?
Depression counseling can be carried out by a qualified and experienced Psychologist, Psychiatrist, counselor, social worker, or therapist.
What are the different types of Depression Treatments?
- Behavioral and cognitive therapy
- Depression support
- Cognitive therapy based on mindfulness
- interpersonal counseling
- Psychodynamic counseling
- group counseling
- art reiki
- drug treatment
What are the outcomes expected after depression counseling?
A few benefits of depression counseling include:
- It lessens stress.
- It is possible to adopt a fresh viewpoint.
- an improvement in interpersonal relationships and self-acceptance
- better control of one’s anger
- better ability to make decisions greater sense of self-worth